Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Odyssey- Books 2-4

   I found that this week, it was a little bit harder to get into the story. It may have been because it was a longer section than last week, or it may have been just that it seemed somewhat repetitive to me. Telemachus would get to a new city; the same things happened each time. It was a little bit too much to read it over again. 
   I thought it was interesting that all of the people in the story were characterized by their parents or spouse. That seemed very different to me. That is not necessarily how I would have chosen to characterize the people in my story. 

   I think that all of the characters and people portrayed in those pieces of artwork were true heroes. They portrayed courage; the people raising the flag. They showed bravery. The picture of the firefighters definitely showed bravery, because the people were running into a dangerous place to save other people. 
   What I noticed most, though, was that all of the heroes in the pictures were different shapes and sizes. No two of them looked the same, because a hero is not what is on the outside. A hero is someone who, for example, risks their life fighting a fire and benefitting the good of those in the fire. In those times, they don't worry about what they look like. 

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about the book being repetitive. Also, I enjoy your perspective on how the people were characterized. Now reading that, it has become evident to me as well. Also, I like that you talked about how heroes come in all different shapes and sizes.

    ReplyDelete