Monday, January 20, 2014

The Catcher In The Rye- Response 1-12

I think to be unique is to be different from everyone else. It is being one's own individual self. If something is unique, it is not like anything else. People can also have unique opinions about different things. Being unique is being different than everyone else, like snowflakes. Every single snowflake is unique, because not one is like any other. This is also how people are. Each person has their own personality. Some people have similar qualities of each other, but they are still unique in countless other ways.

Individuality is kept in an adult world by choosing to do things differently. By the time a person is an adult, they have the freedom and privileges to make their own decisions. Adults keep their individuality and unique qualities by making different decisions and thinking differently about things. Parents might choose differently about how they raise their children. Grown ups might choose differently what occupation they want to interview for.

Allie's character is similar to the character of a person I care about because he was kind. He never got mad at people. Holden also said Allie was hard to get mad at. I think that it is very hard to get mad at some of my best friends, because they are nice, forgiving, and fun, just like Allie. I like my best friends because they have qualities like Allie. He was a unique person with a great personality, and that is why I like my best friends. If Allie was a real person and alive, I think he would be a friend of mine.

If I had been kicked out of school, I would call my parents and tell them right away. I would tell them that I got kicked out of school, and that I was sorry. Then, I would go home. I would close myself in my room and read my favorite books until I felt better, because it always helps. I would do this because if I would ever get kicked out of school, I would feel miserable.
I would go home because all of the people I love are there. They would make me feel better, and I would be more comfortable. I think that home is the coziest place to be.

Jane is a good person. She is kind and intelligent, and she is a good friend. Jane is good at playing checkers, and she plays the game with Holden. Jane is probably the best friend that Holden has. She is caring and polite, and she thinks about others. She and Holden spend time together, and she means a lot to Holden. He thought about her a lot while he was going away from the school. Holden missed her, and she seemed almost like a sister to him.

I do not think it is true that people are always ruining things. This might be true for Holden, but he seems like a pessimistic person. Being an optimistic person most of the time, I do not think that people always ruin things all of the time. One time that someone did ruin something for me was when I was relaxing at home. I was reading a book, and it was bliss. My mom came into the room, and reminded me that I still had things left to do on my priority list. My blissful moment was ruined.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your opinions on being unique and keeping individuality in an adult world. Many of my friends are like Allie also. I think Allie has the qualities that all good friends should have. I disagree when you say people are always ruining things, but I understand your perspective. Great job!

    ReplyDelete