Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds-- Act I

So far, there is not a lot that I can relate to. The mother in this play is not very nice to her children and she forces them to do things they do not want to. Then she makes them lie about it so she will not get in trouble. The mother also seems not very smart. Her vocabulary is not very broad at all.

My family seems to be exactly the opposite. I feel as though I have the best parents and siblings I could ask for, and everyone in my family is educated well. My parents always care about how we feel and what is going on in our lives, unlike Beatrice, who seems to not be very involved in her daughters' lives. She does not seem to care a lot about their feelings. Overall, my life is just about the exact opposite of the lives of the characters in this play.

4 comments:

  1. There were not a lot of relatable things in the play for me either, other than that Tillie is nerdy, just like me. Your observation of Beatrice's vocabulary is very insightful. I think that although Bea seems like a bad mother, she also has an affectionate and motherly side to her, like when she was telling Ruth a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think there were very many things I could relate to either. The mother is not nice at all as she verbally abuses her children. I think she could be the antagonist in the play because she stops Tillie, the protagonist, from doing her science stuff.

    Nyan Cat, the cat with a pop-tart body that flies through space leaving behind a rainbow trail.
    ____━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮
    ____━━____┗┓|:::::: ^━━━^
    ____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿ ◕。|
    ____━━____━━╰O--O---O----O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, there isn't a lot I can relate to in the play. It makes me feel lucky that I have parents involved in my life that care about what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that it's hard to relate to this play because of how mean the mother is. The only thing I could relate to was the science fair!

    ReplyDelete